Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hunger

almost 25 and i'm jaded. i've hardly started life. 
i meant to do something with my hands - saving the world was in the plan...somewhere. yet somewhere in between idealism and bitterness i ran away and took a 9 to 5 and i only feel alive in liquored laughter...sometimes.
sometimes i'll feel it beat.thisheartbeatbeat.againthumpthumping to the beat of someone dancing, someone dreaming, someone laughing, someone else living their truth.thumpthump. where's mine?

where's my truth? myheartmyart my soul is screaming "GIVE ME PURPOSE"- no wait, i have purpose -- no, just give me the guts, give me the way, give me the courage to find my way to carve truth in this life. i don't need to know i matter i just want to do something that matters and what matters is that i do something real.


God - I am hungry. I am so. So hungry.

4 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHH! ARGGHHH!
    You must be like "wtf" with all these capital letters in my comments to you, but yo, for this post, i feel your passion. if it's anyone, you are one of the people in my life that i've observed encapsulates this fire and shares it with others if they'll listen. you have this ability to coach. i remember you coaching cindy, ahahha, and like snapping her out of her zoned out states. i remember you telling me once that i am enough when i was doubting myself. it's the hardest thing most of the time to tell it to your damn self, no? all you gotta do is find your passion and protect it.

    Happiness is not something that happens nor the result of good fortune, random chance or outside events. Happiness, in fact, is a condition that must be prepared for, cultivated, and defended privately by each person. - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi in "Flow"

    Locate your passion and go to it, be where it is. Keep searching for it. your voids are only a memory of what you felt before, what you know once existed, so your search and strife for a purpose and passion is not at all hopeless.

    girl, your truth is going to reveal itself soon because you want it so bad. you've experienced soo much since the last time i saw you, i can't even imagine all the stories that you've gathered... all of them are teaching you even outside your awareness of them. have hope, be patient, keep thirsting for everything you've ever ever everrrr everrrrrrrrr wanted.

    i love you so much donna! thank you for your existence!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love LOVE you. you keep me STRoOOONGG GUUURRLRLLL AAAAAHHHH...!!! thank you THANK YOUUU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say someone out there is missing out on your energy and passion. Discovering someone else may help you discover more of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) thank you. I just came across this comment of yours and it really warmed my heart. You remind me not to hold back, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete