Sunday, October 30, 2011

Invasion

This is something I wrote not too long ago and I felt the need to share it on here. It's a little dark as it touches on the subject of sexual transgression. I apologize if it's a little heavy so I figured I should at least give the warning. It's an important subject regardless and as I have been reflective on the topic of personal boundaries recently, I thought to share this. Enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My boundaries feel like a widely porous membrane - a transparent and trembling mass of walls half-heartedly set up. Easy to poke and easy to invade and impose upon your will on a whim.

And I am tired. And there is blood and a sense of loss. And I no longer know where I end and where you begin and I can't catch my breathe and I wonder if you can feel me whimpering at the weight of it all.

God how did I get here? I don't know how one can expect to play with fire and not get burnt. I don't know why I look for love in all the wrong places. 

God make me clean. I am still bleeding.

1 comment:

  1. this writing is so poignant.
    "I no longer know where I end and where you begin"
    wow.
    i feel you, i relate girl.
    - i miss you too,
    can we skype tmrw or wednesday?? just text me when!

    ReplyDelete