Friday, April 15, 2011

okay yeah, it was a rebound

You. Are:
A slurred drunken mess of promises you did not
Mean to keep;
Time and perspective translate once-believed heart-share
To whateverthefuck.you.needed.tosay.
Anything.youcouldsay.to get
Into my pants.
My rebound-muddled mind left me heady with feeling that I
was inlove
again
And that you
were inlove 
again
too.
Seeing you so out of breathe outside my door in the rain
After you had traversed the tumultuous terrain of Bellwoods Park, ditching some lame party and your good friends
to come
see me.
I thought it was your heart pumping out ahead of your chest that led a hero
to my breasts
When really it was probably your pulsing.erect.Ego 
that pointed the way back. 

I was a fool.
I see that now.
Why did we pretend so badly that it could have been love?
When truth is, we both just wanted so badly 
A body
to be warm with.

1 comment: